GRU, Gainesville Regional Utilities, is our one Company that supplies all our Utility needs, Electric, Water, Gas and Trash, all on one statement.
Bill and Usage for our 1200 Sq. Ft., site-Built Home for Dec, 2016. As can be seen we were away for the summer months, but the average bill is between $100 and $216 for 2016.
Cox Cable is available. Many Homeowners have elected to go with Over-the Air Broadcast TV. This is free TV with 13 stations.
Many questions can be answered from reading our Turkey Creek Forest Home Owners Association (TCFHOA) Documents on the Documents Page. I will summarize some of the main question points here.
1. We are a 55 plus Community, so one resident of the household must be 55. No one under 18.
2. Our annual HOA dues are $398 to be paid in full Jan 1 or
two payments of $199 due on Jan & June 1.
3. RV's and Trailers can be parked in Driveway for 24-hour period. No parking on grass of lot or common grounds. Special permits can be issued to park vehicles in the Club House Parking Lot for extended periods beyond 24 hours. No parking overnight on streets at all. Emergency vehicles MUST be able to use the road.
4. We have no restrictions on domestic pet size. Our community has both small and large dogs and cats.
5. Quiet time is 10pm till 8am. No Music, mowers, blowers, etc.
6. Fences are only allowed in back yard area, none along front of home. Not over 4 feet high. No chain link fences allowed.
7. Speed limit is 10 MPH. This is very important as we have no sidewalks and have folks walking dogs and riding bikes. We must all share the road.
8. The US Mail address designation will be 8620 NW 13th St. Lot __ Gainesville, FL 32653
Sorry, we can’t use the cute names like Red Bird Road or Blue Jay Way. We’re just 13th Street. Boring.
We live in a non-congested area of Gainesville, far from the university and the downtown section of town. We have all our major needs within an 8-mile radius of our community. This is without going through traffic issues. We are in a perfect location for retirement.
Our main Document is presented in a link below to help direct you quickly to what you need to look at about our community rules and regulations, along with guidelines. There are several other important documents on the Documents Page that I urge you to click on for more details.
Webmaster Sam Owens
Click Below for our Covenants